[Cialug] Distro choice

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 19:10:10 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 5:42 PM, David Champion <dave at dchamp.net> wrote:
> They all have strengths and weaknesses (some more than others), but they're
> free, and today with easy to use virtualization, and many distros have a
> Live CD version, there's not much of an excuse not to try them out.

I can think of one: They're all pretty much the same.  You'll find
slightly different layouts and different administration methods and
maybe even a different init system.  But are you really going to find
anything so different that it's worth the effort of installing it and
using it for a while?

> You can ask 100 Linux "experts" which distro they think you should run, and
> you might end up with 100 answers.

One would hope.

-todd