[Cialug] Reloaded Debian

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Jan 28 12:26:56 CST 2009

On Debian 4 (Etch) i got flash working by installing
flashplayer-mozilla. I'm not sure which repository it got pulled from;
i have all these in my sources.list:

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org/ etch main
deb http://ftp.debian-unofficial.org/debian/ stable main contrib
non-free restricted

Please note, if you want to stay on Etch, do not just blindly add the
"testing" line above to your sources.list. I have some other lines in
preferences and apt.conf that prevent the entire system from upgrading
to Testing, but allow me to install a small number of packages from it.