[Cialug] Reloaded Debian

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 11:14:11 CST 2009

I reloaded my laptop with Debian 4 to get back to the stable version.  Now I am having trouble getting either Ephiphany or Iceweasel to run the Adobe Flash applets on several web pages.  In particular the www.kcci.com website has a Flash box right in the middle of their web page.  I loaded the flash plugin for mozilla after the reload and it just puts a box there with a icon going round and round the center which says "loading" forever.

Did I choose the wrong plugin?  How do you determine what is the appropriate plugin?

When I loaded the flash plugin originally I did not use the Synaptic package manager.  I thought that might have been what was causing my problems after the update last time.  I wanted to stick with the proper update method this time around.

Any suggestions?