[Cialug] 'nother question

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 13:30:35 CST 2009

not having a lot of luck on google/irc with this one.  Since we have some
MythTV users I was hoping someone might know.  I'm trying to get LIRC set up
using the onboard ir port.  from what I've read it *should* work, but here's
what I'm getting.

dmesg:
lirc_it87: found IT8705.
lirc_it87: i/o port 0x0310 already in use.

/proc/ioports:
0290-0297 : pnp 00:03
(no 0310...)
0311-0317 : pnp 00:03

Is there any way to see what could be using this port (that doesn't exist)?

My tuner board has an ir "eye" I could plug in too.  It looks like lsmod is
finding it and putting it under ir_common.  I'd prefer not to use this one
as the other one on the mobo is hidden nicely in the case.  Could they be
interfering with eachother?

Thanks for any help,

Justin