[Cialug] Debian updated without choosing

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 08:28:05 CST 2009

Todd,

Not sure which person you were at the meeting on Wednesday or whether you were there at all.  I did not personally meet everyone there.  I was the new guy at the end of the table.

It did as you said perform the upgrade fairly normally without any big issues. It just had to run in a couple of parts.  There were many package updates involved.

Bottom line is that since the update I am having a problem with both the Ephiphany and Iceweasel browsers crashing.  That could be due to the fact that the laptop is older and without much horsepower.  Haven't really looked at why yet.  It may also have something to do with the way I loaded the Adobe Flash plugin since it was not done through the Synaptic manager as I was shown at the meeting.