[Cialug] SNMPD on Linux

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Thu Jan 15 12:48:26 CST 2009

Check what your rocommunity parameter is set to in the snmpd.conf. By
default it may be set to "public", some people change that to something
else to obscure it (although that shouldn't be mistaken for real
security). If you do change that, do a search for "public" and make sure
you change any other instances as well. Whatever that's set to, that's
what your remote client will connect to.

-dc