[Cialug] SNMPD on Linux

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Jan 15 12:34:11 CST 2009

After taking somebody's suggestion on this list I have been working with Cacti and Nagios again.  Fortunately they are both coming to me better than the last time I looked.

I'm now trying to get snmpd configured so that I can access it remotely and I am failing miserably.  Does anyone have any tips (or a working config) they could share for snmpd.conf?

I've worked through a couple configs I have found in books and a few on the Internet and I'm not getting any success.  (ye I remembered to restart the daemon ;)  )

-Nate