[Cialug] [fs] 4x1gb ecc ddr2 3200 ram

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Tue Jan 13 12:34:39 CST 2009

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Barry Von Ahsen <barry at vonahsen.com> wrote:
>> thanks to some excellent ordering on my part, I've got 4x1gb crucial ecc
>> ddr2-3200 (400) ram for sale
>
> PC3200 memory has a transfer rate of 3200 MB/s.  That's 25600 Mb/s.
> 64 of those bits are transferred with every transfer and there are two
> transfers per clock cycle ("DDR"), so that means that the bus speed
> is... 200 MHz?

That's what Wikipedia says:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR_SDRAM

So it must be true! :)

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"