[Cialug] Linux and SNMP

chris chris at ia.gov
Wed Jan 7 11:30:41 CST 2009

Dave Weis wrote:

> I'll throw in a me-too, I would like to find a way to pump SNMP traps to
> rt so we can keep track of things bouncing.

Run snmptrapd and have something (perl script, sec, swatch, etc...) sitting on the logfile/FIFO/etc... passing events to
rt tickets.

I'm inclined to do this myself for something I am working on. If you are patient the solution may fall into your lap
when I get some time to put it together.

As far as snmp tools.  The only thing I have not seen mentioned that I find useful occasionally is
http://www.kill-9.org/mbrowse/

chris