[Cialug] OT: safe/reliable fuel-efficient cars.

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Fri Feb 27 15:36:17 CST 2009

On 2009-02-27 at 11:42:00, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
>I heard on NPR last night or this morning that GM lost almost $4000 on
>every car they sold last year.

Ouch. Why bother making them then? Wouldn't it be more profitable to go
out of business?

>Do driver's ed programs even teach manual transmissions anymore?  When
>I too driver's ed <mumble> years ago, we spent maybe one or two class
>sessions on driving a manual.

I took driver's ed roughly 16 years ago. They didn't teach manual
transmission then. Well, we had 1 day of manual in a driving simulator.
But all the warning lights the simulator had were turned off for that
day so it really didn't do any good.