[Cialug] PC diagnostics

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 12:47:13 CST 2009

--- On Wed, 2/25/09, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:

> From: Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com>
> Subject: RE: [Cialug] PC diagnostics
> To: "'Central Iowa Linux Users Group'" <cialug at cialug.org>
> Date: Wednesday, February 25, 2009, 8:45 AM
> Several distributions used to come with a memory test you
> could run from the install CD.
>
> I haven't paid attention lately to be sure it is still
> there.

I have a Grml distribution that has a memory test but I am looking for something more than just a memory test. At work I have some diagnostics for specific brand workstations like Dell for example but they will not run on other hardware.  I tried the Dell one on an IBM box and it gave me a message about it being specific to Dell machines.