[Cialug] Partition table gone

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Mon Feb 23 07:58:10 CST 2009

On Sunday February 22 2009, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:
>That's interesting. It needs some bit of the MBR to be there, but
>doesn't really care what's on it. It must look for a traditional
>partition table before checking to see if the disk has a GPT, or
>something. Weird.

I agree that its weird. rEFIt was able to sync the partition tables
correctly so now Linux sees everything too. All in all, i didn't lose
anything. OS X is happy, and the Ubuntu installation is happy.

>320 GB / 100 Mbps = 7.28 hours

Oops, you're right. I didn't do the calculation, and most of the files i
move around are small enough that i don't notice the network. Both my
main Linux box that i copied to and the MacBook i was copying from
support GB ethernet. Maybe it is time for a new hub...