[Cialug] OT: Source for Small Electornics

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sat Feb 21 16:54:49 CST 2009

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:28 AM, Ken MacLeod <ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Randle Boyd <lowmaine at mchsi.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a good local source of small electronics parts, like
>> resistors, LEDs, servos, etc.  I know it is cheaper to mail order such
>> items,  but there are times when when you need one small part and you need
>> it now.  While Radio Shack used to be a good source for such parts, their
>> local stores appear to be vacating that segment of the market.
>
> Mid-State Distributing, 2600 Bell Avenue near Water Works park.
>
> The Radio Shack at 4200 University still carries RS's whole line of parts.

Also the RS on E. Euclid (about the 2600 block behind Burger King).
It's the best one in town north of Grand but the one on University is
the next best and they each have some things the other doesn't.

If you get anything good at Mid-state let me know. I've tried several
times and can't get any good help. The one time I got close to good
help they wanted to charge me $20 for a crystal oscillator and it
wasn't in stock but would be in the next day.

At this point I've got a pretty good inventory so if you need
something specific let me know. I'm moving from through hole parts to
all SMT but I still have a good selection of TH parts. I buy big packs
of stuff from HK.

--
Matthew Nuzum