[Cialug] Network response!

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 18 18:59:10 CST 2009

--- On Wed, 2/18/09, Dan Schlichting <dan at cpugeek.org> wrote:

> From: Dan Schlichting <dan at cpugeek.org>
> Subject: Re: [Cialug] Network response!
> To: "Central Iowa Linux Users Group" <cialug at cialug.org>
> Date: Wednesday, February 18, 2009, 7:51 AM
> What kind of equipment are you using. If it is an action
> tek. I know the
> older ones I had trouble with. there was a bug in the way
> it handed out dns.
> I had to either set static dns in the router or I just
> setup my own dhcp
> server in house.
>
> To me this is what is happening. Your router is probably at
> fault.

I think I responded with my equipment list before but here is what I have and a test that I believe would eliminate this as a potential problem.

I am using a HP6000 laptop and my wireless router is a Linksys G series wireless router/4 port switch.

However I have connected my laptop directly to the Surfboard cable modem without using the wireless rounter and have the same problem.

\