[Cialug] text to speech

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Feb 12 17:37:05 CST 2009

There is an inexpensive app used in the Asterisk camp - it's name is escaping me right now, but a single user license is $20, it works *very* well.  The voip-info.org wiki will probably be of assistance here.

There is another command in Festival something like txt2wav that you might try.  It converts the text into a wav file for playback rather than playing it back immediately - pipe it to a player?

-Nate