[Cialug] podcast downloaders

ewenix at raccoon.com ewenix at raccoon.com
Tue Feb 3 15:21:12 CST 2009

Having long refused to drink the Apple kool-aid, I've had several
Creative media players.  However just recently I buckled and
drank a different flavor.  I'm using a Zune and I do like how
podcasts are handled in their software.  Mainly I chose it
for the wireless syncing ability and the better video than my
Creative Xen, unfortunately I had to sacrifice battery power for it.
You don't need the media device to use the software, but it
would be very easy for a non-tech person to use assuming they're
using a windows OS.

-Jeff

> It may shock some of you to learn that I am now the owner of an Apple
> product. I got a 2gb shuffle as a door prize at the SANS conference -
> the instructor chose me because I was the only student in the class
> using a non-Apple laptop. I'm using gtkpod to dump songs on it, works
> pretty well.

believed to be clean.