[Cialug] OT: GE InstaJack for sale

Rob Miller robarooney at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 03:09:12 CST 2009

I've got this dial-up thingie for sale -- a General Electric InstaJack
wireless sender and receiver.  It is a "wireless phone jack" for a location
without a wall jack.  I used it for a weight scale that would dial a
computer somewhere and report my weight.  I connected the scale output to
the sender.  The sender plugs into a wall socket to power itself.  Then,
plug in the receiver near a wall jack in another room and run a phone line
between the receiver and wall jack.  For me, the unit worked right out of
the box and I used for a little over six months.  I don't use it any more
and want to get rid of it.  Because it cost a bit and is still in almost new
condition, I would like to get $35 for it.  If no one in the group is
interested, no problem, I'll try CraigsList next.  Maybe I'll get a $3,000
cashiers check for it ...  :- )

Be sure to check all the reviews at Amazon or any others that you can find.
 A lot of people report trouble with it for TIVO / Directv use.

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FFNDSG/ref=cm_cr_thx_view