[Cialug] boot floppy to boot from usb

Aaron Porter atporter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:56:16 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Dan Hockey <icepuck2k at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found ubuntu moblin remix and now I'd like to try it on an older P1 75mhz
> laptop(no cdrom), but the problem I ran into is I need something to boot
> from a floppy that can then boot linux from the usb flash drive.

If it's got an ethernet port, I'd probably spend most of my time
trying gPXE. If not, you're onto something of an adventure. I'd
probably look into pulling the drive from the system and doing the
install on more modern hardware, then moving it back into your laptop.

http://etherboot.org/wiki/removable