[Cialug] Unix Jobs for the Inexperienced

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Fri Dec 18 08:22:14 CST 2009

The jobs talk was kinda rambly, as we got distracted by security and
network geekery.

I believe that the big takeaway was "apply anyway" as the pool is a lot
smaller than you think and your chances are higher than you think... and
besides, in most cases, it doesn't hurt.

Others can chime in if they have a different takeaway.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> Todd Walton  12/18/09 6:23 AM >>>
Looking for a backup Linux Engineer
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cpg/1514375733.html

Some basic Unix skills needed.  Would like someone with AWS
experience.  "This position would requre at least a once a week visit
to our office, and then off hours support (5pm on, weekends etc)".
This is the kind of job someone inexperienced could get themselves
into.

I wasn't able to make it to the LUG meeting Wednesday.  How'd the jobs
talk go?

--
Todd