[Cialug] Firefox extensions for novice users

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Dec 17 12:27:18 CST 2009

What Firefox extensions do you folks recommend to help novice Linux
users?

I install AdBlock+ on every Firefox installation that I use, but most of
the other extensions that I use are a bit overly technical for the
average person.  For example, as much as I rely on NoScript, I wouldn't
even consider training a novice user to use such a thing.

I'm installing AdBlock+, LongURL and WebOfTrust.  I'm considering
CookieSafe and BetterPrivacy, but think they might be a bit overly
complex.

Are there any favorites out there that I should be considering?

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701