[Cialug] The Paranoid Foreign Traveler

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Dec 16 11:20:58 CST 2009

Generally speaking, no, China is not viewed as a friendly country.  In
some cases I am aware of, very much unfriendly.

If you can avoid bringing a laptop at all, I'd recommend that.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "John Lengeling" <John.Lengeling at radisys.com> 12/16/09 11:14 AM >>>
Well I thought I was already for my upcoming trip to Shanghai...

Already visited the Travel Doctor for shots, now I need to visit the
Travel Geek for advice on protecting data...

So is China a "friendly country"?  Which of the 1-6 sections will apply
for China?

Johnl

PS: Still waiting on a Sun and NetApp to clear China customs...they have
had it for 2 months now...how long does it take to read all the data?

Behalf Of Josh More