[Cialug] OT: Macbook for sale

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Dec 16 10:54:31 CST 2009

I'm pretty sure that even in Israel, they have to at least plant a knife
in the laptop bag before shooting it.

You know, procedure and all.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

Dave Hala Jr wrote:
> Well, I guess your only option would be an encrypted usb drive hidden
in
> a body cavity.
>
> Personally, as an American, I wouldn't even consider traveling
anywhere
> in the middle east or to countries with similiar laws.

I'm from "such a country", Bosnia. though, I don't think there is such a

law, in any country. it's about morons they take the law in their hands
and behave as "lawmakers".
recently I visited my parent there with two laptops and two netbooks.
half was mine and half presents. all security officers in every country
was laughing at me. I was lucky none stopped me questioning.

I don't think there is law in Israel saying "kill any suspected laptop
with 3 shots. if OS is linux - 4 shots. if visitor is carrying desktop
- kill the case leave the monitor"

:-)

afan