[Cialug] OT: Macbook for sale

Alan Maupin alan.maupin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:50:37 CST 2009

As the previous post on this topic demonstrate, there are plenty of methods of securing data on a laptop.  The Israelis have been subject to extreme terrorist attacks and certainly the IDF has a very detailed SOP on the identification of possible threats to security involving laptops.  I'd venture to say that those SOP's are now being updated to include directions for targeting the more important component.  Shooting the hard drive is an excellent field expedient method of rendering it not only inoperative but also destroying it to the point of not being able to recover data except in the most costly of methods.  The IDF is probably thankful for the valuable feedback provided by this blogger.