[Cialug] "Quickly" for building desktop apps

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Dec 9 14:47:28 CST 2009

I've tried on numerous occasions to build a Linux GUI app. Invariably
it requires pulling a bunch of pieces together, and ultimately, for
me, ends in frustration. There's always been too many disparate pieces
and choices (and out of date docs, etc).

But just now over my lunch break I made a full, complete app using
"quickly" (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Quickly). It is just a little
note-taking app that loads and saves data from CouchDB. I followed the
tutorial you get after you install quickly, create a project and then
run `quickly tutorial` from the project folder.