[Cialug] distro for ibook

Zachary Kotlarek zach at kotlarek.com
Tue Dec 8 10:51:12 CST 2009

On Dec 8, 2009, at 10:32 AM, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> You're not alone - that's a dichotomy that concerns me also! The fact that
> Apple runs their propietary SW on a Free host (BSD) just muddies the
> waters; I, for one, cannot understand why an advocate of Free Software
> would ever touch 'that stuff'.

Is that different from the 11.2 million products that slap a couple of proprietary userland apps onto a stock linux base and distribute the set as an appliance? Or do you feel that muddies the water as well?

I don't mean to be inflammatory, I just really don't understand the difference, because the linux community seems to generally support things like embedded linux installs so long as the free software bits are properly attributed and distributed, and Apple's use of a BSD base seems largely similar.

	Zach