[Cialug] OT: Qwest and Mediacom Internet Service Advice

Dave Hala Jr dave at 58ghz.net
Tue Dec 8 08:29:04 CST 2009

My DSL is running 1.5/640  on a good day. I could use the t-1 1.5mb
upstream bandwidth, and I'd switch to it for the increased reliability,
but it would quadruple my cost.

The Qwest service tech says my line will support 7mb, but I can't get
the office to give it to me, and I'm thinking that with the rain issue
it probably wouldn't be a good idea anyway.

I've considered doing a point to point to my ISP using some commercial
NLOS 900 mhz equipment, but again, I can't justify the cost.  In another
2 years, I'll need more bandwidth, so I'll have to look at it then.

) Dave