[Cialug] OT: Qwest and Mediacom Internet Service Advice

Alan Maupin alan.maupin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 12:22:32 CST 2009

I'm asking for advice for a friend on Internet service in Ankeny.  It's been awhile since I've negotiated a deal and I'm not sure of what to tell her.  She's been offered two deals:   Qwest 7 mbps for $41 per month and Mediacom 8 mbps for $39.  Since the price and download speeds are very similar what other criteria should she consider?  One possible negative is the fact that Qwest requires a two year contract.

Thanks in advance -alan