[Cialug] ADMINISTRIVIA - Email List Queue

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Fri Dec 4 10:17:44 CST 2009

FYI, due to the amount of spam that mailing lists receive, the people
who admin it (I think that's mostly Josh on this list currently) may not
catch all the "legitimate" messages that don't go through for one reason
or another.

As part of my request for admin help, I mentioned that we could use
someone to be a mailman admin. It's a fairly non-technical job, just
involves watching for bounced messages, and dealing with an occasional
support request from people having trouble.

So... if you do have an issue where your messages aren't going through
and you can't figure out how to fix it yourself, contact the list admin
and let them know about it.

p.s. I'm still planning on doing some server updates, just waiting on
the VM to be ready. Will send an update out on that when we're ready.

-dc