[Cialug] distro for ibook

Brandon Griffis brandongriffis at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:50:16 CST 2009

We're about to get a macbook pro in at my office (intel based).  Anything to
know about putting linux on it?  Does gparted work just as well for resizing
the OSX partition or do I need to use something else to be safe?  Does grub
work on Macbooks or do I need a different boot loader?

I suppose, basically, will linux install on the Macbook Pro the same as it
does on any PC (HP, Dell, Toshiba) laptop running Windows or is there
something to know or do differently in the process?

(BTW, yes I'm looking into it online but I figure I might not search for the
correct things not having installed Linux to an Intel based Mac before so if
anyone has personal experience and is willing to point out any particular
directions it's much appreciated)

Thanks for any insight,