[Cialug] distro for ibook

mattnuzum at gmail.com mattnuzum at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:47:31 CST 2009

2009/12/4 Afan Pasalic <afan at afan.net>

>  I'm also interested to test linux on my iBook (G4, 1.2 GHz, 1.25GB RAM)
> Is there Debian LiveCD I can test first? or openSuse LiveCD?
>
> I heard ubuntu doesn't support PPC any more, though this said different?
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ports/releases/9.10/release/

Volunteered releases, however there is a very active PPC community, some of
whom are employed by Canonical. As a matter of fact, some of the mobile/arm
team also build for modern ppc architectures as well (so I've heard).

So consider it as having about the same level of support from Canonical that
Fedora gets from RedHat for the PPC arch.
--
Matthew Nuzum