[Cialug] Nested virtualization

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Dec 2 11:10:22 CST 2009

Thanks for the feedback to my question--you gave me some more ideas to
consider, which is exactly what i needed.

I'll investigate exporting a VirtualBox image and importing it into Xen.
As the 2 require different software to be installed on the guest OS (i
think Xen actually wants a different kernel), that could be interesting.
But, perhaps it is possible.

If that doesn't work i think i'll take the other suggestions of
installing a Xen dom0 on my machine and making sure VirtualBox doesn't
run at the same time. Once i'm done with Xen, i should be able to
uninstall the extra kernel and related software and go back to
VirtualBox.

--
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 118, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu