[Cialug] OT: In home video distribution

Tim Perdue cialug at perdue.net
Tue Dec 1 09:38:53 CST 2009

I wondered if any of the other geeks have found a good solution to
in-home HD Video Distribution.

I have a HD DVR in the basement and would like to pipe this to my other
HDTVs scattered around the house, but only have an ethernet jack
available at each TV, not HDMI or Component wiring. I do have a HAVA
(slingbox like), but that would require a PC at each HDTV in order to
view the output.

What would be nice is another hava-type box that can receive the stream
and put it on the TV. I haven't pulled up anything like this on google yet.

Having an electrician out to run component jacks everywhere is a
possibility, but it would be slicker to do something over ethernet.