[Cialug] Wow.

Stuart Thiessen thiessenstuart at aol.com
Sat Aug 22 11:05:50 CDT 2009

On Aug 22, 2009, at 02:50 , Morris Dovey wrote:

> Ok, though I'll miss the occasional humorous posts and some of the
> non-Linux systems/computer posts. Some of the assistance I've
> received with XP problems has been most helpful. To think I'd been
> wishing that my Solaris network programming experience was more
> recent so I could help in that thread.
>
> My apologies for offending your political sensibilities.
>
> I assure you that I did not intend to insult, demean, or tear you
> down - but I will admit that you've got me wondering...

Your comment was not in view, but the original post was what I was
responding to. Your response prompted my response. And, yes, I am
aware of Jonathan Swift's writings from school. I personally would not
equate the original post (or its link) with Swift's writings. Swift's
satire served a purpose to point out flaws in people's thinking. The
original post or its link did not use satire for a helpful purpose.

Let me add. If political climate were such that we had intelligent and
respectful dialogue about political issues, I would likely have passed
it by as attempted humor (though how grilling babies can even be humor
is quite beyond me). But given the current political climate, I was
quite tired of these kinds of statements (by both sides of the
political spectrum). It was too much. That was all. I don't have
anything more to add to this discussion. I hope you all understand.