[Cialug] Noob needs help.

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 12:25:36 CDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:59 AM, <jrnosee at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think they check MAC's anymore.  I can switch from my router to a
> single machine.  I just have to unplug/re-plug my modem after the switch.

I just tested it out.  I have Mediacom with a Surfboard modem.  I
always have my router plugged in.  I just unplugged the router from
the modem, and then plugged my computer directly in.  I did not power
cycle the modem.

By the time I walked from the living room back to my office I was able
to load a website I've never been to before, so it's working.

I don't think they check MACs anymore.

--
Todd