[Cialug] Noob needs help.

Tim Champion timchampion at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 21:15:44 CDT 2009

You don't need a new cable modem, nor do you need a modem with wireless.
What you need is a router.

It will look like this:

Cable Modem  --> Router --> optional Hub(s) --> computers.

You already have the cable modem.  If you didn't, your service wouldn't
work. You already have hubs, so you can keep using those. You just need a
router between your cable modem and hubs.  If you have just a few computers,
or most of them are wireless, you don't need the hubs at all (assuming you
get a wireless router)

Tim Champion
timchampion at gmail.com