[Cialug] DNS Hijacking

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Aug 5 17:23:46 CDT 2009

OK, I'm going to admit right off that I didn't read the article very
carefully (at all), but wouldn't this sort of thing be easily bypassed
if someone just uses the OpenDNS servers instead of the ISP's?

In short, this sort of thing may be contrary to the spirit of the 'net,
but if it's easily bypassed by those that it annoys, who cares?

(Now, if they did DNS hijacking AND blocked OpenDNSesque services, I'd
have a huge problem with it.)

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/08/05/1926257/Comcast-the-Latest-ISP-To-Try-DNS-Hijacking

>>> Of course, if used IE, I could get automagically redirected to a
Bing
>>> page any time I misspell a web site!

>> Haha, I'll stay as a hold out that doesn't pimp our customers :-)

:) I should probably mention that it was because of this kind of
boondoggle that I said "*Adios!" to Qwest...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar