[Cialug] Jaunty?

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Thu Apr 23 13:33:34 CDT 2009

Linux distros need to start using P2P for their update systems.

Mandriva uses torrents for their .iso downloads, some people complain
that it's not fast enough... but for a "small" commercial distro like
them, it would be impossible for them to have enough bandwidth to run a
conventional FTP or HTTP server for downloading all of those .iso
images, especially since they've gone to a larger DVD image.

I did find this site - and they have trackers for Ubuntu / Kubuntu
9.04... I don't know anything about the site, but I'd at least do a md5
check to make sure your image matches the official .iso.

http://linuxtracker.org/

-dc