[Cialug] Oracle buys Sun...

David Champion dave at dchamp.net
Mon Apr 20 13:06:33 CDT 2009

chris wrote:

Drizzle is going for a very "light" approach, and might not be suitable
for many of the applications that are using MySQL today - but it will
probably be great for the cases where you don't need transactions or
stored procedures. MariaDB is more of a continuation / fork of MySQL,
and will have the advanced features that MySQL has been building on,
plus some other new features.

-dc