[Cialug] Mass Mail Etiquette

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 10:41:37 CDT 2009

I just got an email from a programming user group I'm part of where
the person put all 20-some people on the To: line.  I don't like this
because everyone out there gets my email address.  I stand a much
better chance of getting spam because of it.  But even if I don't get
a single bit of spam more, it's still a matter of courtesy.

Can someone suggest to me good reasons for a person not to put
everyone's name on the To: line of an email?  Reasons that Joe Anybody
would read and nod his head to?

-todd, unrepentant digital mr manners