[Cialug] [omaha] Google Datacenters

Daniel E Sloan dan.sloan at drake.edu
Sat Apr 11 22:32:04 CDT 2009

As I recall from a power class...at this point many years ago...the electron flow is almost entirely on the outer skin of the cable.  This is why the main lines from the Hoover Dam are hollow.  (saves weight, while allowing maximum transfer)

My grandfather was an electrician at the Montgomery Wards building in Chicago when all the power transmission from the utilities was in DC. So power transfer through a DC bus in a server room should certainly be feasible.

Dan Sloan