[Cialug] [omaha] Google Datacenters

Stuart Thiessen thiessenstuart at aol.com
Fri Apr 10 11:52:11 CDT 2009

Regarding this, it sparked a question that I have wondered about ...
at least once a year, I go to different locations in Africa, and I do
some work there. The group I work with does not have a backup
generator at their location. African electricity is not always
"consistent". :) So, I've wondered what would be the best way to have
a longer-lasting backup battery (than just carrying a charged spare
laptop battery) so that I could work longer even when power is out.
Flying out there with a UPS is probably not a weight efficient
alternative. Would you guys have any suggestions?

I'm using a MacBook Pro if that helps any.

Thanks,

Stuart

On Apr 10, 2009, at 11:22 , <murraymckee at wellsfargo.com> <murraymckee at wellsfargo.com