[Cialug] SMTP Graylisting & Iowa Telecom

Ken MacLeod ken at bitsko.slc.ut.us
Sun Apr 5 14:38:42 CDT 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Claus <cniesen at gmx.net> wrote:

> Ken MacLeod wrote:
>

>> I've been seeing DNS resolution problems for sites looking up my MX
>> records
>> (e.g. mailing list bounces, mailer retries).  Could be a more widespread
>> problem.
>>

> Everything seems to check out for me, even the reverse resolution.
> What in particular about the DNS resolution gives you issues?

It's hard to pin down.  secondary.com hosts my DNS records (ns1 and
ns2.secondary.com).  When I query my records from some hosts without
specifying a DNS server I get results.  If I query directly to ns1 and ns2
from hosts I have I get my records.  Some other servers don't return any
results.  Using DNS checking sites are mixed as well.  Some are reporting
failures getting results from secondary.com.

  -- Ken