[Cialug] TV->LAN Streaming?

chris chris at ia.gov
Fri Sep 26 08:25:36 CDT 2008

Tim Perdue wrote:
> Eric Junker wrote:
>> Tim Perdue wrote:
>>> I'm not sure slingbox really does this with live DVR output does it?
>>
>> Yes, a slingbox can stream live television. Slingbox would be the
>> easiest option.
>
> This looks like a possibility too:
>
> http://myhava.com/product_hava_gold_30.html?gclid=CPepz-_Q95UCFRKIxwodLCm23w

If you have not already committed yourself in one direction, I think this might fit the bill for you.  I have two of
them that I use constantly.  VLC works as a fronted,  both on windows and Linux.  They send a mpeg stream over Ethernet
to a subscribing client and have two tuners (and streams) available.  Price is around $155.  They take about 2 minutes
to set up.

http://www.silicondust.com/products/hdhomerun

crr