[Cialug] Linux Job Posting

Randy Rote randy.rote at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 15:03:16 CDT 2008

This may even be for a position within my group. I was originally hired
to work primarily on Linux systems, but I ended up owning the big iron
Solaris stuff.  We typically do contract-to-hire, which is probably why
there are so many dupes.  Each contract house puts out their own copy.
It's a big place though, so this could be for another group or special
project.

The 10+ years with 64-bit RH is hopefully just a poor translation from
requirements.  I always laugh at things like that. It probably started
out as "10+ years with RH Linux" and something else about 64-bit
installations. It's like a game of telephone where a rumor gets blown
into something ridiculous. I remember around 2000, people were looking
for Java developers with 10+ years of experience.

--
Randy Rote
Operating Systems Engineer