[Cialug] Linux Job Posting

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Sep 24 13:36:47 CDT 2008

On Wednesday September 24 2008 12:25, Dave Weis wrote:
>On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Zachary Kotlarek wrote:
>> On Sep 24, 2008, at 11:26 AM, Josh More wrote:
>>> who has 10+ years experience with 64bit Red Hat, really?
>>
>> 2001, and you could have 10 cpu-years of experience on that if you
>> had more than one box.
>
>Get an 8-core machine and you are covered in 1.25 years!

I've got a cluster at work of 7 machines with a total of 56 cores
running 64-bit RHEL. We've been "live" for about 26 days and had the
machines for roughly a month before that. So i'm probably getting
pretty close to 10 years. Heck, we have another 64-bit machine that
only has 2 cores that i've been administering for nearly 3 years. So
i'm sure i'm well over 10 years. Great!