[Cialug] DNS problems at Mediacom??

Stephen Hawkins ng0g at mchsi.com
Sun Sep 21 12:57:44 CDT 2008

cialug,

On Sunday 21 September 2008 10:17:59 am Jonathan C. Bailey wrote:
> I've heard rumors that Mediacom is trying a "sitefinder" service. I'm using
> OpenDNS here - at least I can turn off that service on OpenDNS.

I think something is broken to.  I called their 800 number about 0430 this
morning and the recording said that there was a problem in "my area".  The
problem went away as soon as I changed my DNS ips to Open DNS.  I punched the
zero key to talk to someone to find out if the "problem in my area" was the
same problem I saw.  After about 30 minutes with the phone on speaker I gave
up.  I figured that at 0430 nobody but me would be calling.  Who knew.

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins
73 49 111 01001001