[Cialug] DVRs

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Sep 18 14:01:02 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 12:59 PM, Eric Junker <eric at eric.nu> wrote:
> jrnosee at gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone in the group set up MythTV/other DVR solutions?  I've been
>> trying to set one up for a while and I'm running into problems.  I'd like to
>> know if anyone has had success with this.
>
> I haven't tried it yet but I was thinking of using LinuxMCE to build a DVR.
> It has some nice features such as a "Follow Me" feature and some nice home
> automation features.
>
> http://www.linuxmce.org/

http://elisa.fluendo.com/home/ is a nice product. I used it a few
months ago and it was slick but buggy but people I've talked to say
it's improving at a great rate. No DVR though, it's like MCE without a
tv card.

Which reminds me, our online shop now sells codecs such as windows
media, dvd playback and etc. There's a "basic windows compatible" an
"all except dvd" and a "dvd only" option. I wish there was one that
was all (including dvd) but oh well.
https://shop.canonical.com/index.php?cPath=19

No, I'm not getting a commission on that but I do think its
interesting and I got to help out a bit with the web delivery parts.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode