[Cialug] DVRs

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Thu Sep 18 11:00:50 CDT 2008

Hey, that's what i do too. There was one show that i used to record on
VHS and at the time i decided if there were 2 shows i was interested in
following that it would be worth the effort of looking into a DVR. But
then the show i was taping went off the air and i've not found anything
worth taping since. More often than not if i have a TV on it is for
background noise rather than entertainment. I have a few friends who go
on about how great their Tivo is and i just don't get it. Sure, i have
a camera that works quite well. But if all i photograph are dog turds i
don't think it would be worth talking about (except perhaps with a
psychologist).