[Cialug] Next Meeting - Wednesday September 17

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Wed Sep 17 11:11:12 CDT 2008

I'm not currently running a MythTV box... no good excuse except I lost
the power supply in my mid-tower case, and the PVR card won't fit in my
little shuttle xpc cases. I plan on putting mine back together "Any Day
Now"(tm) or "Real Soon Now"(r). Of course, by the time I do that, my
PVR-250 will be completely obsolete because of HD.

Anyway, I tried running knoppmyth, and didn't like it. Of course, I'm
not a big debian / knoppix / ubuntu fan personally (have run all of them).

I was running MythTV on Mandriva (which is my distro of choice). It's
all in the contribs sources, you just install the packages, do the
required MythTV channel setup, and it works like a charm.

-dc