[Cialug] Next Meeting - Wednesday September 17

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Sep 17 11:00:34 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM, Theron Conrey <theron.conrey at dice.com> wrote:
> Have fun tonight all, I'll be with you all virtually..... *ducks*
>
> Will be fun to get back and talk about the bigger than last year linux presence here at VMworld.  Redhat, (novell) suse, (canonical) ubuntu, and the wierd Citrix/CentOS/Xen monster, are all showing off what they do with virtualization.

Heard any interesting tidbits about Red Hat's purchase of Qumranet?
Qumranet's SolidICE looks pretty interesting, at least based upon
their marketing video.

--
Jeff Ollie

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then
I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the
terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve
them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and
unfairness of the universe."

	-- Marcus to Franklin in Babylon 5: "A Late Delivery from Avalon"